2. New England 8-2 (last week #2) – The Patriots are arguably the best team in the NFL, and will play a Turkey Day game at Detroit. Don’t look ahead to the match-up with the Jets, or the Lions might just sneak up on Tom and company! Last week beat Indianapolis 31-28 / this week @ Detroit.
3. Atlanta 8-2 (last week #3) – If QB Matt Ryan plays mistake free football, which he has this season, and RB Michael Turner hits the century mark, no team, and I mean no team, will want to face Atlanta. Yes, they are that good! Last week beat St. Louis 34-17 / this week vs Green Bay.
4. Green Bay 7-3 (last week 4) – The Packers are rolling and now they face the Falcons in the Georgia Dome where the Dirty Birds are perfect. QB Aaron Rogers is on fire and the Packers Defense is legit with Clay Matthews Jr. With a win over Atlanta, the Packers would earn the head to head tiebreaker with ATL should the two be tied at the end of the season, and that might be for one of the top two seeds in the NFC. Last week beat Minnesota 31-3 / this week @ Atlanta.
5. Philadelphia 7-3 (last week 10) – Last week QB Mike Vick stole the show. This week RB LeSean McCoy had 111-yards rushing and WR Jeremy Maclin had nine grabs for 120-yards. Philly has so many weapons, and a head coach that knows how to use them. Watch out, people, the Eagles are Super Bowl Caliber! A win on the road over the Bears this week might just prompt me to move these Birds to the #1 spot next week! Last week beat NY Giants 27-17 / this week @ Chicago.
6. Baltimore 7-3 (last week #6) - The Ravens look like they are going to be in a heated race with the Steelers in the AFC North; much like the Saints and Falcons in the NFC South. If Baltimore is going to be in the hunt for one of the top two seeds in the AFC, they need to win this week against a surprising Tampa team. Last week beat Carolina 37-13 / this week vs Tampa Bay.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers 7-3 (last week #7) – The Steelers redeemed themselves last week with a big win over a good Raiders Team. Now, the Steelers will head to NY to face the Bills. Believe it or not, the Bills are not bad, and they could push the Steelers hard this week! Last week beat Oakland 35-3 / this week @ Buffalo.
8. New Orleans 7-3 (last week 9) – The Saints got a big game from Drew and Marques, and now they will head to Dallas for the game that all of the Who Dat Nation has been waiting for! If New Orleans is going to catch Atlanta, the Saints may need to win all the rest of their games. And yes, I think they are capable of doing that! Last week beat Seattle 34-19 / this week @ Dallas.
9. Chicago 7-3 (last week NR) - These Bears don’t win pretty, but they do win! As long as the Bears play sound defense, and QB Jay Cutler does not make too many mistakes, the Bears have a decent shot to win the NFC North, plus be a major player in the post season. A big test this week awaits in the form of the Red Hot Eagles. The Windy City takes on the City of Brotherly Love! Last week beat Miami 16-0 / this week vs Philadelphia.
10. Tampa Bay 7-3 (last week NR) - Ok, let’s be real, the Bucs are here to stay. You don’t win seven of your first ten games and not be a good team. The Bucs are getting solid play from their defense, and young QB Josh Freeman is making the plays needed to guide his team to wins. Three teams from the NFC South in the playoffs? It could happen! Last week beat San Francisco 21-0 / this week @ Baltimore.
This week’s can’t miss games
New Orleans @ Dallas - Can Dallas make it three straight for new coach Jason Garrett? If the Cowboys beat the Saints, all the talk will be about Double J (Jerry Jones) possibly giving Garrett the Cowboys' job for good! On the flip side, if the Saints win, it will be their fourth straight and all the media will be sweating the Who Dat Nation yet once again!
Philadelphia @ Chicago - Both the Eagles and Bears could possibly see each other in the post season. For the second straight week, Eagles QB Mike Vick faces another aggressive defense. Be careful, ole monsters of the midway, 'cuz if you try and put too much pressure on Mike, he'll burn you!
Tampa Bay @ Baltimore - Baltimore is back at home and the Bucs are still hanging around. Ok, we knew that the Purple Birds would be good, but let me tell you this: just because the Bucs were bad last season, don't mean a thing! When you win seven of your first ten games...you are good!
Green Bay @ Atlanta - Ok, many think this could be a possible preview of the NFC title game. Arguably the best two young guns in the league face each other. The Bears will be pulling for Atlanta, and the Saints are yelling: "Go pack, go here!" This should be one heck of a game!